Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Paper Peicings by Nikki SVG files

I have recently discovered a new SVG site.  I had only known of a few such as svgcuts.com and Little Scraps of Heaven.  Where I love both of those sights, I had come across this lady's website called Paper Peicings by Nikki .  She does amazing work and I just love her files!  I first fell in love with this file: 


OMG I just fell in love with it and like anything I fall in love with...I HAD to have it! lol  So I bought the file (along with some others of course) and created this:


I just love it!  I sewed around it (which was the first time I ever sewed on a project before - have always intended to but never got around to it) Anyways, so over at Paper Piecings by Nikki facebook page they have a weekly contest.  Each week is different challenge but the winner receives a free file up to $10.   So I entered this box just for fun and I WON!!!!  I couldn't believe it!  I was thrilled :) 

This is a file I choose for my winnings:

Here is a few more things I created with her files (which I have been entering the contests every week):


This is a wood frame that I altered.  I used Glam Girl paper collection fro DCWV Inc. and the baby monkey is from the Baby Onsie Box file from Paper Piecings by Nikki.  She was having a guest design team call for the month of June and I sent this frame in.  Unfortunately, I wasn't choosen but that's ok, I will try again if there is another one!


This card was made for my friend who LOVES owls (hoping she doesn't see this...) and her birthday is coming up.  I entered this card into this past weeks contest and guess what?....I won AGAIN!!!    WAHOO :)  I couldn't believe it.  So this is the free file I choose:


She has a file that is similar for girls (which I want!).

So for this week, the challenge is to create a tag with on of her files.  This is what I came up with:



The bear with the flower is from the "Best in the Bunch" file and I have to say, I am not too keen on tags, they are not my favorite thing to make or use, but I LOVE how this turned out!!!  And I added my homemade crinkle ribbon to the top (Which I am going to make sooooo many colors of, can't wait to do that!)

Well that's it for me for today!  I am hoping to be able to post more often (at least that's my goal) but with two kids it is hard to find the time.  I also have started a facebook page for my Design's by Bri, stop on by and follow me there!

Bye for now!
Bri


No comments:

Post a Comment